Saturday, November 19, 2011

Who is excited by the prospect of futher space travel? I am?

Well space is pretty dull mowadays and all they do is orbit earth. I wish I was a kid when they did the appollo missions that would've swell. (lol I'm not a yank) Also I think those space missions were before their time.





Anyway who is excited by the prospect of re-visiting the Moon and the idea of discovering Mars? (and maybe the moons of outer planets like titan, though prob. not in our lifetimes)





Finally when do you think the 'space travel ball' will get rolling again??|||This isn't a question that you should be asking on Yahoo! Answers.


Appollo? Apollo!, will extend further than that if we wanted, but I don't really see any peace in space travel and there is only a 40% chance of getting away with not much fuel away from the solar system, space is a massive gap and really scary if left in the void between like sci-fi programs seem good, but think of the politics, the fuel, the xenophobia if aliens are found. I think that we should live and grow up in our given place, the solar system, I mean have you ever travelled every square inch of this planet, including the sea? It's a really nice dream but it's very unlikely unless aliens help us and we should grow, be born, give birth, live and die and live with what nature gave us to do. If we are able to explore all the universe and maybe even time travel and multiverse travel, we should make the most of it, but if we had and knew every place and everything, we will be bored, nothing to strive for and no need of existence, our universe was made like a garden, the life within it helps it grow and supports it but if the bush gets to big there will no longer be no unknown place in the garden, we cut it back and we support the garden of the universe and make it well and natural, emptying the chaos, keeping the garden healthy. As well as humans think they are prime of the planet, but animals keep a part of catering the planet too, there is 70% sea than that of 30% land.





I do not know what you mean by "space travel ball", it could mean anything, from disco, fair to an asteroid or even a society.|||i think that in about 10-20 yrs normal people will be able to go to space. in fact they are training tour guides for it... and people already have reservations for it!!!! well.......of course im excited!!!|||I've been ready to go forever now!! I'm interested in the deep space travel...How will they preserve the humans for the travel,what lies beyond our galaxy,are we going to meet anyone interesting on the way?|||I'm actually more interested in 'Low Earth Orbit' travel than true space. LEO ships just leave the atmosphere, allowing the earth to turn under the vehicle before re-entry. This would cut the journey time between England and Australia to about 5 hours...and give the passengers a brief view of space as a bonus. Me, I can't wait!|||Moderately. The idea of space travel is an intruging one, but I've always found reserch more intersting. If a choice has to be made (for budgeting reasons, why else?) between traveling to the moon in coming years (NASA plan to go back there around 2018, I belive) and purely research projects such as robotic explorers, better telescopes and so on, I would always go for the later. Mostly because actual space travel will only allow us to go to such places as have already been thoroughly explored by other mean in the forceable future and the most exciting thing for me is always learning New things.|||I was a kid when the Americans landed onthe moon and have always thought it was a crime to stop the missions... they should be doing so right now the chinese are wanting to land a man on the moon in a few years time... I want to go myself and walk onthe Moon or Mars or TItan. If I had beenthat bloke who gave so many millions of dollars to charity recenlty I would have spent it on space travel and research not some bloody cats home or something|||I, for one, am terribly excited about it. Apart from the wonder of the pure science of it all I am sure that any new "space boom" will come along with a wealth of various technological innovations that will surly shape our future just as the U.S./Soviet space race gave us so much of the wizardry we enjoy today.|||yes I am so excited.I think they are going back to the moon in 2020.|||I think space travel will get rolling again when they discover another Earth-like planet in another solar system. Until then the majority of people will still see space travel as a waste of time and money.|||It's very risky, assuming you mean "manned" space travel, but it is very exciting. I'm not so hot about going to moon, but Mars would be cool.





Will the ball ever get rolling again? Sure. Check out what these guys are doing.





http://www.liftport.com/|||Well, I am afraid it is going to be too late in coming for me but I am terribly excited for those of you who will see it and be able to experience it in your lifetime. It is one of the greatest adventures man has been dreaming of for countless years





I remember in my teen years reading book after book of science fiction and daydreaming of how cool it would be. Goes to show you just how wonderful the mind can be, let loose by the pages of a novel.





Keep looking to the stars and doing marvelous things but please never forget that which bore and nourished you and gave you wings to fly, Mother Earth. She is and shall always be your legacy.|||Speaking as an American, I think that the Chinese are about to kick us in the butt like the Russians did in 1957 with Sputnik.





A new space race would be good for the American aerospace industry but what we need is for the private sector to get beyond suborbital flights and do some full circuits.





One the business of flying in space has reached the same level as say, airlines and private aviation, the prize blongs to the western democracies. But until then, I think China has the momentum to put a snake bit and over-regulated NASA to shame in the next decade.|||Voyager is still out there bringing back information to earth after 40 odd years, there are numerous other missions returning pictures of Saturn, Neptune and Jupiter for example over the years. I really dont think the "space travel ball" has stopped rolling somehow mate.|||yeah id love to be one of them,how cool would that be|||I don't know why they stopped, one minute they're all over the moon like a rash then suddenly its old hat. Now its all satellites and telescopes.


I can't see a manned mission to Mars, its 18 months there and 18 months back, and they haven't solved all of the health problems caused by no gravity. The astronauts would die when they got back to Earth. Their bones would collapse.


Female astronauts couldn't get pregnant in space because without gravity foetuses can't develop normally.


So I think they'll concentrate their resources on telescopes, they don't even seem to be sending deep space probes any more but we must have better technology available so it'd be interesting to do that.|||I defineatly am. just thinking of the possiblilities of all that is out in space and all the new things we could discover.|||I am very excited about the prospect of futher space travel!!!


I am a firm supporter of NASA! I think NASA will re-visit the moon some day and build a base on it where we can go back and forth between the two. Mars on the other hand may take a little while longer because we still need to check it out and make sure it is safe to be there. Think how awesome it is going to be when people actually live on a planet besides Earth!!!! That would be such a giant leap for mankind!! If you stop and think about the technology we have now "the shuttle and spacestation and already going to the moon" then we are a very smart race!!With the technology we have know there is no doubt in my mind that NASA will put us on another planet!!|||The political will is not there, If It were, men would be standing on Mars by now. It would seem that robotic missions are the way forward and lets face It, Voyager, Magellan, Galileo %26amp; cassini and the numerous missions to Mars, have proved to me, that real science can still be carred out, all be It, remotely by man.

No comments:

Post a Comment