Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Undiagnosable overheating problems with Holden Appollo (Toyota Camry) Wagon 93.?

My car is on the verge of overheating every time I drive it and I have no idea why. The water in the overflow bottle in my car boils every time I drive. The head gasket has been tested twice and it has just had the radiator replaced as well.


If I drive for more that 20-30 mins the temperature guage rises to three quarters and even higher, it hasen't hit the red yet but I need to fix the problem an the mechanic says he can't find anything wrong with it.|||Possible causes:


Thermostat, plugged cooling system, bad water pump. If the water pump is bad, replace the timing belt as well, since the timing belt is what drives the water pump.|||the thermostat may just be sticking...there is a way to tell %26amp; here are some suggestions!





http://www.ehow.com/tips_7683.html|||Dont know how much does your mechanic know, but try replace thermalstat if not the problem then your head are mess up.|||your thermostat is probably stuck. have a shop look at it.|||Have the thermostat replaced. It's only about 8 dollars, and it could be the cause of the overheating. I had the same problem on my 97 Ford Contour, but didn't know what to do...it ended up cracking the head and did over a thousand dollars worth of damage. Even if it's not the true fix, putting $8 into is totally worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment